How do I apply for reinstatement of my driver’s license?

If your period of suspension has expired and you are eligible for reinstatement, you need to contact the Department of Licensing. You will be required to show proof of insurance and that you have paid all traffic tickets or made payment arrangements for such tickets as part of the reinstatement process.


If you are a juvenile and your license was suspended because of an offense such as Minor in Possession or possession of illegal drugs, you will need to file a Petition for Early Reinstatement with the Juvenile Court. If the Court approves your request, you will then need to present the Order issued by the Court to the Department of Licensing with your application for reinstatement.


The telephone number for the Department of Licensing Customer Service is 360-902-3900. The Department of Licensing website has a great deal of helpful information.

Show All Answers

1. I want to file criminal charges against someone. Can you help?
2. How do I cancel a restraining order or no contact order?
3. How do I make a claim against the county?
4. I have received a subpoena. What do I do?
5. How do I register as a sex offender?
6. How do I apply for reinstatement of my driver’s license?